Uralla Business Chamber Update
Happy New Year!
We hope you have had a bit of a break over the past few months since we last got together. Such a lot going on in our Shire, and around our tablelands and the wider NSW in this past few months.
We hope Christmas was fabulous for you and that your business was successful in the leadup.
It’s a new year now, and fingers crossed this rain coming, on top of the bit we’ve had in the past few weeks will fall in the right places and fill our catchment and all your tanks too – keep us going over the coming year, hey.
Our first breakfast meeting in November was a great success – and interesting talk and lovely brekkie kindly produced by Michael Welbourn. We plan to do these again, so come along to our meeting tomorrow and help choose the topic and location for the new breakfast meeting.
Thanks to those who came to our last meeting, didn’t get a quorum, I think perhaps it was muddled with our xmas lunch being a couple of days later – which was a lovely lunch at Fung Wah – we all left very full and with leftovers galore!
Due to the weather (stinking hot!) we didn’t have our customary January BBQ and now it is time for our first meeting of the year, tomorrow (Thursday) at the Bowling Club at 5.30pm
There are a few things on the agenda, including accepting a few month’s worth of minutes as we didn’t get to that over the past few meetings – lots of other interesting content to the meetings instead!
• Online Business Directory up and running – get involved as we have the Solar Farm coming up as an opportunity this year and we need to let them know who is in town! How can your business benefit from this huge business project starting up later this year (it’s sooner than you may think)
• Editors/Contributors for website and facebook
• Discussion of Russell Stewart’s comments on our awards night (thinking ahead to this year too)
• Thinking ahead to the next twelve months
• Stronger community program items for suggestion to Council
• Drought and fire affect areas assistance promoted by NSW Business Chamber
So, attached are the minutes for the past few months – please have a read and let us know if there are any discrepancies at the meeting tomorrow so we can accept them all straight up and then get stuck into the meat of this month’s meeting.
And an agenda for tomorrow night.
We are looking forward to seeing you all at the meeting! As always, new and prospective members are always welcome.
Next General Meeting, All welcome!
5.30 pm Thursday 6th February 2020
Uralla Bowling Club